Thursday, February 23, 2017

I pray for persistence in the face of many defeats. 
I ask my Higher Power for courage to keep at it.
I haven't won yet but I haven't lost, either.

Alcoholics Anonymous | July 26 | DonInLondon | Step 7 "Courage To ...

Jul 26, 2011 - Uploaded by Don DonInLondon
July 26 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 7 Courage To Change ... And step seven, the removal of my ...

March 10 | DonInLondon | Step 3 "Your Higher Power" - YouTube

Mar 10, 2013 - Uploaded by Don DonInLondon
Alcoholics Anonymous | March 10 2013 | Steps In Action | Step 3 "Your Higher Power" "my old life: fear ...

March 27 | DonInLondon | Step 3 "Your Higher Power" - YouTube

Mar 26, 2011 - Uploaded by Don DonInLondon
Contingent on the day I ask for help and let go my old attitudes and behaviour, ... that is when I need ask for ...

The Only Little Prayer You Need heals your fear-based thoughts for ...

May 1, 2013 - Uploaded by Debra Engle
We try and try, but new problems and worries keep popping up like we're playing a game of Whack-a-Mole ...


I AM Affirmations Unstoppable Courage & Inner Power | Solfeggio 852 ...

May 10, 2016 - Uploaded by PowerThoughts Meditation Club
Yeah, keep it ... I AM Affirmations ➤ Unstoppable Courage & Inner Power | Solfeggio 852 ... by connecting to ...















Inline image 5Inline image 1Inline image 3Inline image 4Inline image 2


I haven't won yet but I haven't lost, either.
--Dennis C.


A favorite saying in sports is, "It isn't losing to get knocked down. Losing is staying down."

In life, as in sports, that idea makes great sense. Like "Let go and let God," or "Let it begin with me," 
it is a saying that reminds us of an important underlying principle. 
In this case the principle is that battles aren't wars, but rather a series of campaigns.
 No one wins every time out, or can expect to. And some battles aren't worth fighting anyway.

Fighting a battle isn't hell – our unrealistic expectations are. When we strike out against some old attitude or behavior,
 we have to realize we're in for the long haul. When the enemy is some aspect of ourselves, 
we are up against a formidable opponent that won't give up easily. We have to expect that there will be many battles 
– and not a few defeats. The winner is the one who perseveres longest.

Only continued effort wins the war; we can't lose if we don't quit.

Today, I pray for persistence in the face of many defeats. I ask my Higher Power for courage to keep at it.
You are reading from the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment