Monday, May 1, 2017

Let's quit digging up the bones of 
old regrettable experiences. 
courage is now helping me cope with bigger problems.

Withdrawal from OPIATES and ALCOHOL , My experiences - YouTube

Feb 16, 2017 - Uploaded by Tim Johnson
Withdrawal from OPIATES and ALCOHOL , My experiences !! Recovery strength hope and courage. Tim ...

My experiences Recovery Strength Hope and Courage. - YouTube

Feb 16, 2017 - Uploaded by Tim Johnson
ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL!! My experiences Recovery Strength Hope andCourage✊ . Tim Johnson ...

Mary G. - Family Recovery Speaker - "Strength, Courage ... - YouTube

Mar 5, 2014 - Uploaded by Odomtology 12-Step Recovery Media
Mary G. - Family Recovery Speaker - "Strength, Courage, and Laughter" ... friends of alcoholics who share ...

Courage Quotes about being strong quotes about strength ... - YouTube

Apr 29, 2016 - Uploaded by Milton Flugason
For inspiring posts and wisdom quotes, follow on twitter & facebook. I've had thatexperience as well that ...

Quotes about being strong quotes about strength of the ... - YouTube

Apr 25, 2016 - Uploaded by Milton Flugason
Encouragement courage and strength be strong quote. ... courage and confidence by every experience in ...

Strength & Courage Quotes - YouTube

Aug 4, 2016 - Uploaded by LifeWorksForYou
These quotes will help you see you have more strength & courage then ... I am humbled by the many ...

Tattoo quotes about strength and courage short tattoo ... - YouTube

Apr 30, 2016 - Uploaded by Life Experience and beyond quotes
Tattoo quotes about strength and courage short tattoo quotes about strength and courage. Life Experience ...

Inline image 9Inline image 10
Inline image 7
Inline image 6
Inline image 1Inline image 2Inline image 3Inline image 4Inline image 5


Let's quit digging up the bones of 
old regrettable experiences.  courage is now helping me cope with bigger problems.
I wish I hadn't lost track of the guys I was stationed with. I kick myself for that.
--Tom Harding


We all have regrets, don't we? Some of us left jobs or spouses or neighborhoods only to wish we hadn't. Perhaps we closed the door on our family of origin and then felt grief when parents or siblings died. More commonly we regret the instances when our mean spirited behavior or attitude hurt someone else. We weren't always honest and forthright; we didn't always try to help a friend or co-worker who needed our advice. We simply didn't put our best self forward when the opportunities for doing so presented themselves.

Dwelling on the "shoulds" of past years is fruitless. We did the best we knew how to do at the time. The past is gone. Let's quit digging up the bones of old regrettable experiences. All they do is cloud our minds when we're trying to respond to today's opportunities.

I won't have anything to regret tomorrow if I respond to today with my best self.
You are reading from the book:Keepers of the Wisdom by Karen Casey
Reflection for the Day

My courage must come each day, as does my desire to avoid a single drink or a single addictive act. It must be a continuing courage, without deviations and procrastination, without rashness, and without fear of obstacles. This would seem like a large order indeed, were it not for the fact that it is confined to this one day, and that within this day much power is given to me. Do I extend the Serenity Prayer to my entire life?

Today I Pray

May each new morning offer me a supply of courage to last me during the day. If my courage is renewed each day and I know that I need just a day's worth, that courage will always be fresh and the supply will not run out. May I realize, as days pass, that what I feared during the earliest days of my recovery I no longer fear, that my daily courage is now helping me cope with bigger problems.

Today I Will Remember
God give me courage - just for today.

You are reading from the book:A Day at a Time (Softcover) by Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment