Sunday, May 21, 2017

 A Recovery Newcomer's 1st Step

Real Sobriety: My First A A Meeting! - YouTube

Apr 19, 2017 - Uploaded by RealSobriety
Robert McClellan shares his experience when he went to his first A.A. meeting. He went out ... Up next. Real ...

"Step One" with Father Martin. - YouTube

Dec 20, 2012 - Uploaded by Jose DeLeon
Father Martin talks about "Step One" in this video as only he can. Share this with others please. Thanks. "Fair ...

Celebrate Recovery: I AM CHANGING (Music Track: Laura Self ...

Jan 14, 2013 - Uploaded by Rodney Holmstrom
Celebrate Recovery: Decade of the Newcomer. For adults, Youth (The ... "First Step to Celebrate Recovery ...

AA Speaker - Mike L. - AA Newcomer Classes - Steps 4, 5, and 6 ...

Jan 4, 2017 - Uploaded by AA Speakers and More
This channel is not affiliated with any of the 12 step prog... ... For all kinds ofrecovery resources, please visit ...

Inline image 4Inline image 2Inline image 3Inline image 5
Inline image 1Inline image 8Inline image 6Inline image 7


A Recovery Newcomer's 1st Step
Home wasn't build in a day.--Jane Ace 
I'm a lot better than when I was active in my addiction. But parts of my life still feel beyond my control. I don't mean earthquakes or floods. I mean getting to the dentist, repairing the car, doing the laundry, eating well. There are a lot of things I'm not taking care of the way I think I should.

Sponsor

Part of applying Steps Six and Seven to our lives is to take a look at simple behaviors that are keeping us uncomfortable and unbalanced in our recovery. Though we're not using addictive substances or behaviors, we may still be putting off the dentist, living on fast food, neglecting personal appearance, having no time for home or car maintenance, or letting bills pile up. The problems may seem minor – such things as always arriving ten minutes late to work, routinely losing keys or eyeglasses, never finding time for exercise – but they point to where we're stuck in our process of recovery. Over time, they pose risks to, rather than support of, our health and serenity.

We don't expect overnight cures, and we don't demand perfection of ourselves. We begin with awareness of what isn't working well for us. Then, each day, we take a small step toward change.

Today, I acknowledge a habit that stands between me and my serenity. I'm willing to take one small step toward changing it.

You are reading from the book:If You Want What We Have by Joan Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment